Cambridge Intermediate School serves 528 students in grades 3-5.
Cambridge Intermediate School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Minnesota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 62% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 45%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 53%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Minnesota state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Minnesota state average of 37% (majority Black).
- Grades: 3-5
- Enrollment: 528 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 16%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MN
- Math Proficiency: 62% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MN Dept. of Education
Cambridge Intermediate School's student population of 528 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cambridge Intermediate School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,734 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Cambridge Intermediate School is 0.29, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (MN)
Overall Testing Rank
#373 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cambridge Intermediate School's ranking?
Cambridge Intermediate School is ranked #373 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Minnesota.
What schools are Cambridge Intermediate School often compared to?
Cambridge Intermediate Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Cambridge Primary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
62% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 45% MN state average), while 55% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 53% MN state average).
How many students attend Cambridge Intermediate School?
528 students attend Cambridge Intermediate School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
84% of Cambridge Intermediate School students are White, 7% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, 3% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Black, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Cambridge Intermediate School?
Cambridge Intermediate School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 14:1.
What grades does Cambridge Intermediate School offer ?
Cambridge Intermediate School offers enrollment in grades 3-5
What school district is Cambridge Intermediate School part of?
Cambridge Intermediate School is part of Cambridge-Isanti Public School Dist School District.
Review Cambridge Intermediate School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.