Carthay Elementary Of Environmental Studies Magnet
- Carthay Elementary Of Environmental Studies Magnet's student population of 367 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||367 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carthay Elementary Of Environmental Studies Magnet is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4457 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Carthay Elementary Of Environmental Studies Magnet is Los Angeles Center For Enriched Studies (1.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Horace Mann Elementary School (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Crescent Heights Boulevard Elementary School (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Crescent Heights Boulevard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 343 students
1661 S. Crescent Heights
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(323)931-2761 0.8 K-5 343
- Beverly Hills Horace Mann Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 553 students
8701 Charleville Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(310)229-3680 0.8 K-8 553
- Los Angeles Hancock Park Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 726 students
408 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)935-5272 0.9 K-5 726
- Los Angeles Citizens Of The World Charter School Mar Vista Grades: K-6 | 594 students
11561 Gateway Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(424)248-0544 1.1 K-6 594
- Los Angeles Los Angeles Center For Enriched Studies Grades: 6-12 | 1,655 student
5931 W. 18th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(323)549-5900 1.1 6-12 1,655
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.