Clarence Lawson Elementary School
- Clarence Lawson Elementary School's student population of 469 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clarence Lawson Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,085 schools in Missouri (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#521 out of 2085 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jefferson City Movip Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 2 students
205 Jefferson Street
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(573) 751-2453 1.6 K-5 2
- Jefferson City Pioneer Trail Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 507 students
301 Pioneer Trail
Jefferson City, MO 65109
(573) 632-3400 1.6 K-5 507
- Jefferson City Algoa Correctional Center
8501 No More Victims Rd.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
(573) 751-3911 3.0 n/a n/a
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.