Colonie Central High School
Top Placements (New York)
Colonie Central High School is Listed among the top public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Colonie Central High School's student population of 1597 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,597 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||113 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Colonie Central High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 4239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Colonie Central High School is South Colonie Central School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- South Colonie Central School District's student population of 4,880 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 87% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $17,443 in this district is less than the state average of $31,939. The district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $17,199 is less than the state average of $33,406. The district spending/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
|School District Name||South Colonie Central School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,880||902|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$89 MM||$29 MM|
|District Spending||$88 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$17,443||$31,939|
|District Spending / Student||$17,199||$33,406|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Roessleville School Grades: PK-4 | 435 students
100 California Ave
Albany, NY 12205
(518)459-2157 0.4 PK-4 435
- Albany Sand Creek Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 788 students
329 Sand Creek Rd
Albany, NY 12205
(518)459-1333 0.5 5-8 788
- Albany Forest Park Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 310 students
100 Forest Dr
Albany, NY 12205
(518)869-3006 1.1 K-4 310
- Albany Shaker Road Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 328 students
512 Albany Shaker Rd
Albany, NY 12211
(518)458-1440 1.5 K-4 328
- Albany Technical Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 96 students
246 Tricentennial Dr
Albany, NY 12203
(518)862-4960 1.7 9-12 96