Crozet Elementary School
Crozet Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Crozet Elementary School's student population of 353 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Crozet Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1402 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Albemarle County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Crozet Brownsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 767 students
5870 Rockfish Gap Turnpike
Crozet, VA 22932
(434) 823-4658 1.6 PK-5 767
- Crozet Joseph T. Henley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 863 students
5880 Rockfish Gap Turnpike
Crozet, VA 22932
(434) 823-4393 1.6 6-8 863
- Charlottesville Virginia L. Murray Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 266 students
3251 Morgantown Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 977-4599 4.5 PK-5 266
- Charlottesville Meriwether Lewis Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 432 students
1610 Owensville Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434) 293-9304 5.5 K-5 432
The recent Atlanta cheating scandal has been rocked with another scandal: the ensuing cover-up. Learn more about the second chapter of the standardized test cheating controversy that has this Southern state shaking its head.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about the Montessori Method, the growing number of Montessori charter schools, and why parents are considering this individualized approach to education.