Dearington Elementary/innovation places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Dearington Elementary/innovation's student population of 183 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dearington Elementary/innovation is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1508 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lynchburg City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lynchburg E.c. Glass High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,359 student
2111 Memorial Ave
Lynchburg, VA 24501
(434) 515-5370 0.4 9-12 1,359
- Lynchburg Lynchburg City Secondary Alternative
915 Court Street, Po Box 2497
Lynchburg, VA 24505
(434) 522-3700 1.0 n/a n/a
- Lynchburg Paul Laurence Dunbar Middle For Innovation Grades: 6-8 | 657 students
1200 1208 Polk St
Lynchburg, VA 24504
(434) 515-5310 1.0 6-8 657
- Lynchburg T.c. Miller Elementary For Innovation Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
600 Mansfield Ave
Lynchburg, VA 24501
(434) 515-5300 1.1 PK-5 246
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.