Downtown Business High School
Downtown Business High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Downtown Business High School's student population of 1,035 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school / Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,035 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Downtown Business High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#441 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Betty Plasencia Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 617 students
1321 Cortez St.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(213) 250-7450 0.4 K-6 617
- Los Angeles Ramon C. Cortines School Of Visual And Performing Arts Grades: 9-12 | 1,280 student
450 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 217-8600 0.4 9-12 1,280
- Los Angeles Cds Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 4 students
10001 Jumilla Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 239-5656 0.6 K-6 4
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.