Eldridge L. Miller Elementary School
Eldridge L. Miller Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Eldridge L. Miller Elementary School's student population of 638 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||638 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eldridge L. Miller Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1820 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||DeKalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stone Mountain Redan High School Grades: 9-12 | 1044 students
5247 Redan Rd
Stone Mountain, GA 30088
(678)676-3602 0.7 9-12 1044
- Stone Mountain Freedom Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1167 students
505 S Hairston Rd
Stone Mountain, GA 30088
(678)874-8702 1.2 6-8 1167
- Decatur Rockbridge Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
2084 Green Forrest Dr
Decatur, GA 30032
(678)676-6102 1.7 PK-5 344
- Stone Mountain Allgood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 598 students
659 Allgood Rd
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
(678)676-5102 2.0 PK-5 598
- Lithonia Shadow Rock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 623 students
1040 King Way Dr
Lithonia, GA 30058
(678)676-3902 2.0 PK-5 623
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.