- There is 1 alternative public school in Hawaii, serving 72 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 87% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the Hawaii state average of 87%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 3:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
Hawaii Alternative Public Schools
- School Location Grades Students
KailuaOlomana School42-522 Kalanianaole Hwy
Kailua, HI 96734
Grades: 7-12 | 72 students
April 22, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 22, 2017
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
April 21, 2017
Children are reading less and less in this country, and the effects of that are showing in their performance in school. However, there are a variety of ways parents can encourage their children to read – and hopefully to love reading!