Henry Elementary School
- Henry Elementary School's student population of 209 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Henry Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#728 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Franklin Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Collinsville Breaking Barriers Alternative Ed/henry Co
340 Ridgedale Drive
Collinsville, VA 24078
(540)634-4717 6.4 n/a n/a
- Bassett Campbell Court Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 374 students
220 Campbell Ct
Bassett, VA 24055
(276)629-5344 7.1 PK-5 374
- Rocky Mount Sontag Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 330 students
3101 Sontag Rd
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
(540)483-5667 7.4 PK-5 330
- Collinsville Henry Co/martinsville Regional Pgm
3300 Kings Mountain Rd
Collinsville, VA 24078
(540)634-4710 7.6 n/a n/a
- Ferrum Ferrum Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 254 students
660 Ferrum School Rd
Ferrum, VA 24088
(540)365-7194 7.7 PK-5 254
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.