Holly Pond High School
- Holly Pond High School's student population of 338 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||338 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Holly Pond High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,270 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#446 out of 1270 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cullman County School District|
- Holly Pond High School is a public high school located in Holly Pond, Alabama, U.S. It is one of several elementary and high schools that make up the Cullman County Board of Education.The campus sits on a large piece of land inside the town of Holly Pond.A new high school building has been built in the past five years, and another expansion brought more classrooms and a new library. Many middle school classess for grades 7th and 8th are held in the former high school building which sits nearby.
- The school's mascot is a Bronco named "Gus".
- The school's colors are green, white, and gold.
- Sports: Holly Pond has the following sports teams:
- Football, Basketbal, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Track, and Golf.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holly Pond Holly Pond Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 350 students
120 New Hope Road
Holly Pond, AL 35083
(256)796-0046 0.0 K-5 350
- Holly Pond Holly Pond Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 236 students
91 Buckner Road
Holly Pond, AL 35083
(256)796-5898 0.1 6-8 236
- Baileyton Parkside Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 338 students
12431 Al Highway 69 N
Baileyton, AL 35019
(256)796-5568 6.3 K-8 338
- Blountsville Blountsville Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 611 students
260 Page St
Blountsville, AL 35031
(205)429-2458 6.6 K-6 611
- Cullman Fairview Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 577 students
700 Wesley Ave N
Cullman, AL 35058
(256)796-6304 6.6 K-5 577
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.