47611 Indiana Public Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in 47611, Indiana, serving 230 students.
- Public school in zipcode 47611 have an average math proficiency score of 87% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 82% (versus the 62% statewide average). Schools in 47611, Indiana have an average ranking of 10/10, which is in the top 5% of Indiana public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
47611, IN Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Chrisney Elementary School 311 Church St
Chrisney, IN 47611
Grades: PK-6 | 230 students
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.