Top Indiana Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 8 alternative public schools in Indiana, serving 383 students.
- Indiana alternative public school have a diversity score of 0.61, which is more than the Indiana public school average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
Top Indiana Alternative Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Allen County Youth Services Center 11805 Lima Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
Grades: 8-11 | 9 students
- Booker T Washington Alternative School 3707 S 7th St
Terre Haute, IN 47802
Grades: 9-12 | 55 students
- Clark County Middle/High School 2710 E 10th St
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Grades: 7-12 | 87 students
- Compass Alternative School 2010 Brentwood Drive
Anderson, IN 46011
Grades: 6-9 | 77 students
- Jackson County Juvenile Detention Center 150 E Sr 250
Brownstown, IN 47220
Grades: 8-12 | 11 students
- Juvenile Justice Center 1000 S Michigan Ave
South Bend, IN 46601
Grades: 8-12 | 14 students
- Juvenile Services Center 18006 Cumberland Road
Noblesville, IN 46060
Grades: K-12 | n/a students
- Youth Opportunity Center 3700 W Kilgore Ave
Muncie, IN 47304
Grades: 3-12 | 130 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.