Top Iowa Alternative Public Middle Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 alternative public middle school in Iowa, serving 411 students.
- Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Iowa public middle school average of 22% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Iowa public middle school average of 14:1.
Top Iowa Alternative Public Middle Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Expo Alternative Learning Center 1410 Independence Ave
Waterloo, IA 50703
Grades: 6-12 | 411 students
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.