Jenkins County Elementary School
Jenkins County Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Jenkins County Elementary School's student population of 615 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||615 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jenkins County Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1512 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jenkins County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Millen Jenkins County High School Grades: 9-12 | 323 students
433 Barney Ave
Millen, GA 30442
(478)982-4791 0.9 9-12 323
- Millen Jenkins County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 234 students
409 Barney Ave
Millen, GA 30442
(478)982-1063 0.9 6-8 234
- Sardis S G A Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 302 students
1265 Charles Perry Ave
Sardis, GA 30456
(912)569-4322 15.6 PK-5 302
- Sylvania Screven County Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1216 students
1333 Frontage Rd E
Sylvania, GA 30467
(912)451-2100 18.0 PK-5 1216
- Waynesboro Blakeney Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 807 students
100 Olympic Dr
Waynesboro, GA 30830
(706)554-2265 18.6 3-5 807
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.