Top Kentucky Special Education Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 8 top special education public schools in Kentucky, serving 537 students.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Kentucky state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Top Kentucky Special Education Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lexington Able Elementary School 701 E Main St
Lexington, KY 40509
Grades: 3-5 | 11 students
- Louisville Binet School 3410 Bon Air Ave
Louisville, KY 40220
Grades: 1-12 | 70 students
- Louisville Churchill Park Rehab 435 Boxley Ave
Louisville, KY 40209
Grades: PK-12 | 139 students
- Louisville Heuser Hearing And Language Academy 111 E Kentucky St
Louisville, KY 40203
Grades: PK-K | 31 students
- Louisville Kentucky School For The Blind 1867 Frankfort Ave
Louisville, KY 40206
Grades: 1-12 | 67 students
- Danville Kentucky School For The Deaf S 2nd St
Danville, KY 40423
Grades: K-12 | 91 students
- Louisville Mary Ryan Academy 3305 E Indian Trail
Louisville, KY 40213
Grades: 9-12 | 31 students
- Louisville Waller Environmental 2415 Rockford Ln
Louisville, KY 40216
Grades: 1-11 | 97 students
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.