Top Kentucky Special Education Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 8 special education public schools in Kentucky, serving 564 students.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Kentucky public school average of 23% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the Kentucky public school average of 16:1.
Top Kentucky Special Education Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Able 701 E. Main St.
Lexington, KY 40509
Grades: K-5 | 20 students
- Binet School 3410 Bon Air Ave
Louisville, KY 40220
Grades: K-12 | 62 students
- Churchill Park School 435 Boxley Avenue
Louisville, KY 40209
Grades: PK-12 | 153 students
- Heuser Hearing & Language Academy 111 E Kentucky St
Louisville, KY 40203
Grades: PK-K | 32 students
- Kentucky School For The Blind 1867 Frankfort Ave
Louisville, KY 40206
Grades: K-12 | 63 students
- Kentucky School For The Deaf S 2nd St
Danville, KY 40423
Grades: PK-12 | 93 students
- Mary Ryan Academy 3305 East Indian Trail
Louisville, KY 40213
Grades: 9-12 | 36 students
- Waller-williams Environmental 2415 Rockford Lane
Louisville, KY 40216
Grades: K-9 | 105 students
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.
Since the recession, public school classrooms have seen major budget cuts - and many increases in class sizes. How is the situation in 2011? Read this article to find out.
As the ranks of homeschooled students grow, more parents are advocating for these students to join public school sports teams. Learn about both sides of the raging debate that has sparked controversy in several states.