Locust Grove Elementary School
- Locust Grove Elementary School's student population of 419 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||419 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Locust Grove Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#704 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Orange Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Locust Grove Locust Grove Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 615 students
6368 Flat Run Road
Locust Grove, VA 22508
(540)661-4480 0.0 6-8 615
- Locust Grove Locust Grove Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 483 students
31230 Constitution Highway
Locust Grove, VA 22508
(540)661-4420 0.0 PK-2 483
- Unionville Lightfoot Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 238 students
11360 Zachary Taylor Hwy
Unionville, VA 22567
(540)661-4520 7.6 3-5 238
- Spotsylvania Brock Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 656 students
10207 Brock Rd
Spotsylvania, VA 22553
(540)972-3870 8.7 PK-5 656
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.