Marshall Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Marshall Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Marshall Middle School's student population of 492 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||492 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marshall Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Marshall Middle School is Pomona Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Pomona Unified School District's student population of 24,654 students has decreased by 9% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,667 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,163 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Pomona Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||24,654||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$344 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$358 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,667||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$13,163||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pomona Ganesha High School Grades: 9-12 | 1059 students
1151 Fairplex Dr.
Pomona, CA 91768
(909)397-4400 0.1 9-12 1059
- Pomona Arroyo Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 568 students
1605 W. Arroyo Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
(909)397-4568 0.3 K-6 568
- Pomona Cortez Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 696 students
1300 N. Dudley
Pomona, CA 91766
(909)397-4800 0.5 K-8 696
- Pomona Park West High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 236 students
1540 W. Second St.
Pomona, CA 91766
(909)397-4485 0.8 9-12 236
- Pomona Pomona Alternative High School Grades: 7-12 | 17 students
1460 E. Holt Ave. Ste. 100
Pomona, CA 91767
(909)397-4900 0.8 7-12 17
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.