- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 19 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 4:1
- Minority Enrollment: 89%
- Graduation Rate: <50%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: ≤20% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 21-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤20% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 21-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Pomona Alternative?
The graduation rate of Pomona Alternative is 50%, which is lower than the California state average of 89%.
How many students attend Pomona Alternative?
19 students attend Pomona Alternative.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
63% of Pomona Alternative students are Hispanic, 16% of students are Black, 11% of students are White, and 10% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Pomona Alternative?
Pomona Alternative has a student ration of 4:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Pomona Alternative offer ?
Pomona Alternative offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-12
Review Pomona Alternative. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities