Top Sharpsburg Public Preschools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Sharpsburg, MD, serving 279 students. Sharpsburg, MD public preschool have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Maryland public pre school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 32% (versus the 35% statewide average). Pre schools in Sharpsburg have an average ranking of 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Maryland public pre schools.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Maryland public preschool average of 68% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Maryland public preschool average of 15:1.
Top Sharpsburg, MD Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Sharpsburg Elementary School 17525 Shepherdstown Pike
Sharpsburg, MD 21782
Grades: PK-5 | 279 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?