Maryland Public Schools
- Maryland is the #25 largest school system in the United States, serving 878,731 students across 1,435 public schools.
- Maryland public schools have a diversity score of 0.71, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 61% (majority Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MD) School Average
Two or more races
Maryland Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools8,951 Students11% Minority
- 119 Schools78,839 Students43% Minority
- 168 Schools106,614 Students60% Minority
- 191 Schools90,460 Students89% Minority
- 25 Schools16,017 Students28% Minority
- 10 Schools5,602 Students35% Minority
- 46 Schools26,039 Students17% Minority
- 28 Schools15,859 Students22% Minority
- 38 Schools26,307 Students72% Minority
- 13 Schools4,739 Students55% Minority
- 70 Schools42,099 Students36% Minority
- 11 Schools3,717 Students4% Minority
- 54 Schools37,448 Students35% Minority
- 74 Schools52,829 Students60% Minority
- 6 Schools1,868 Students37% Minority
- 208 Schools156,832 Students70% Minority
- 208 Schools127,785 Students96% Minority
- 14 Schools7,717 Students20% Minority
- 28 Schools17,941 Students34% Minority
- 9 Schools2,908 Students59% Minority
- 8 Schools4,625 Students38% Minority
- 45 Schools22,085 Students30% Minority
- 25 Schools14,790 Students55% Minority
- 14 Schools6,660 Students34% Minority
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.