Top Maryland Public Schools
- Maryland is the #25 largest school system in the United States, serving 878,731 students across the top 1,435 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Maryland public schools have a diversity score of 0.40, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 61% (majority Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MD) School Average
Two or more races
Top Maryland Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools8,951 Students11% Minority
- 119 Schools78,839 Students43% Minority
- 168 Schools106,614 Students60% Minority
- 191 Schools90,460 Students89% Minority
- 25 Schools16,017 Students28% Minority
- 10 Schools5,602 Students35% Minority
- 46 Schools26,039 Students17% Minority
- 28 Schools15,859 Students22% Minority
- 38 Schools26,307 Students72% Minority
- 13 Schools4,739 Students55% Minority
- 70 Schools42,099 Students36% Minority
- 11 Schools3,717 Students4% Minority
- 54 Schools37,448 Students35% Minority
- 74 Schools52,829 Students60% Minority
- 6 Schools1,868 Students37% Minority
- 208 Schools156,832 Students70% Minority
- 208 Schools127,785 Students96% Minority
- 14 Schools7,717 Students20% Minority
- 28 Schools17,941 Students34% Minority
- 9 Schools2,908 Students59% Minority
- 8 Schools4,625 Students38% Minority
- 45 Schools22,085 Students30% Minority
- 25 Schools14,790 Students55% Minority
- 14 Schools6,660 Students34% Minority
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.