Maryland Public Schools
- Maryland is the #25 largest school system in the United States, serving 869,468 students across 1,428 public schools.
- Maryland public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.70, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 60% (majority Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MD) School Average
Two or more races
Maryland Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools9,003 Students10% Minority
- 118 Schools77,267 Students42% Minority
- 166 Schools104,829 Students59% Minority
- 189 Schools90,571 Students88% Minority
- 25 Schools16,031 Students27% Minority
- 10 Schools5,592 Students34% Minority
- 47 Schools26,558 Students16% Minority
- 28 Schools15,681 Students21% Minority
- 37 Schools25,280 Students70% Minority
- 13 Schools4,796 Students54% Minority
- 70 Schools42,236 Students35% Minority
- 11 Schools3,720 Students4% Minority
- 54 Schools37,536 Students34% Minority
- 74 Schools51,727 Students58% Minority
- 7 Schools2,106 Students37% Minority
- 207 Schools154,244 Students69% Minority
- 207 Schools125,808 Students96% Minority
- 14 Schools7,724 Students18% Minority
- 27 Schools17,887 Students34% Minority
- 9 Schools2,938 Students58% Minority
- 8 Schools4,630 Students36% Minority
- 45 Schools22,105 Students29% Minority
- 25 Schools14,545 Students54% Minority
- 14 Schools6,654 Students33% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.