Eastern Technical High School
Eastern Technical High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Eastern Technical High School's student population of 1175 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Vocational school / Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2010)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,175 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eastern Technical High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Eastern Technical High School is Baltimore County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Baltimore County School District's student population of 111,138 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 89% has increased from 82% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,469 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,351 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Baltimore County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||111,138||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,547 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$1,535 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,469||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$14,351||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Essex Kenwood High Ib And Sports Science Grades: 9-12 | 1641 students
501 Stemmers Run Rd
Essex, MD 21221
(410)887-0153 0.6 9-12 1641
- Essex Stemmers Run Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 704 students
201 Stemmers Run Rd
Essex, MD 21221
(410)887-0177 0.9 6-8 704
- Essex Middlesex Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 571 students
142 Bennett Rd
Essex, MD 21221
(410)887-0170 1.0 PK-5 571
- Essex Essex Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 529 students
100 Mace Ave
Essex, MD 21221
(410)887-0117 1.1 PK-5 529
ET is serious Education. They push for grades, etc. They do want each student to go onto College. It is a tough world. I believe 91% are going on to college. The new music teacher has put together an after school band. They sound pretty good. The football team is #1 this year. It seems the better you are the more attention and money. It might sound terrible but it happens. People, Parents support which team they want. The facilities are old. Only a gym and cafeteria. There are not too many volunters during the day, but the PTSA and boosters are involved. The students are becoming adults. If you child needs help or you want information I have found most teachers to do anything they can. As in any school some are tough and some are not. I am proud that I can say, my son graduated form Eastern Tech! 2010
- Posted by Parent - jilla
The teaching program was so poorly put together, I'm not sure if our girls learned anything from the teacher implementing it. Some kids attending this blue ribbon school, are on the honor roll and in standard, honors, or AP english and/or math classes. The same kids are having trouble getting into 4 year colleges or passing the placement tests at the community colleges. How can you be a blue ribbon school and have kids not making it into English 101 at the local community college?!?!? The girls athletics programs have next to no funding. The turnover in coaches is ridiculous. All fundraising revolves around the football team. I was very very unhappy with the results of this school. I put my kids in the Magnet program so they could get into this high school. Now, I'm wondering what the difference really is.
- Posted by Parent - jeffn