Stemmers Run Middle School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 806 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 53%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MD
- Math Proficiency: 5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 28% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 20% MD state average), while 28% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% MD state average).
How many students attend Stemmers Run Middle School?
806 students attend Stemmers Run Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
47% of Stemmers Run Middle School students are White, 31% of students are Black, 12% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Stemmers Run Middle School?
Stemmers Run Middle School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Stemmers Run Middle School offer ?
Stemmers Run Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Stemmers Run Middle School part of?
Stemmers Run Middle School is part of Baltimore County Public Schools School District.
Review Stemmers Run Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities