Mckinley Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Mckinley Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Mckinley Elementary School's student population of 965 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||965 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mckinley Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Mckinley Elementary School is Pasadena Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Pasadena Unified School District's student population of 18,377 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,961 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,532 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Pasadena Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||18,377||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$234 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$245 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,961||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$12,532||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Rose City High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 265 students
351 Hudson Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91109
(626)396-5620 0.1 9-12 265
- Pasadena Blair High School Grades: 6-12 | 962 students
1201 S. Marengo Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626)396-5820 1.2 6-12 962
- Pasadena Madison Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 489 students
515 Ashtabula St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
(626)396-5780 1.2 K-5 489
- Pasadena Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 385 students
1500 E. Villa St.
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626)396-5710 1.3 K-5 385
- Pasadena Roosevelt Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 346 students
315 N. Pasadena Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626)396-5770 1.5 K-5 346
We couldn’t say enough good things about this school. As an Asian American, our daughter has exposed what the true American culture is. The students are diversified and intelligent. The teachers, like Ms. Orlova and Ms. Hall, are highly experienced with enormous care and love. We love this school.
- Posted by Parent - jwang
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.