Middle School 582
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 348 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in NY
- Math Proficiency: 27% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 38% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NY Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
27% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 54% NY state average), while 38% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 52% NY state average).
How many students attend Middle School 582?
348 students attend Middle School 582.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
74% of Middle School 582 students are Hispanic, 23% of students are Black, 1% of students are Asian, 1% of students are White, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Middle School 582?
Middle School 582 has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the New York state average of 12:1.
What grades does Middle School 582 offer ?
Middle School 582 offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Middle School 582 part of?
Middle School 582 is part of New York City Geographic District #14 School District.
Review Middle School 582. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities