New York State School For The Blind
- New York State School For The Blind's student population of 59 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New York State School For The Blind's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York State For The Blind School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Batavia Batavia High School Grades: 9-12 | 651 students
260 State St
Batavia, NY 14020
(585)343-2480 0.5 9-12 651
- Elba Elba Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 231 students
57 S Main St
Elba, NY 14058
(585)757-9967 4.8 PK-6 231
- East Pembroke Pembroke Primary School Grades: K-2 | 218 students
2486 Main Rd
East Pembroke, NY 14056
(585)762-8713 6.6 K-2 218
- Oakfield Oakfield-alabama Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 479 students
7001 Lewiston Rd
Oakfield, NY 14125
(585)948-5211 6.7 PK-6 479
- Alexander Alexander Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 385 students
3314 Buffalo St
Alexander, NY 14005
(585)591-1551 8.2 PK-5 385
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.