New York State Department Of Corrections School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public school in New York State Department Of Corrections School District, serving 1,017 students. New York State Department Of Corrections School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in New York.
- public school in New York State Department Of Corrections School District have a diversity score of 0.56, which is less than the New York public school average of 0.71.
- Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York public school average of 57% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is more than the New York public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||New York State Department Of Corrections School District|
|School District Website||http://www.doccs.ny.gov|
|School District Phone Number||(518) 457-8126|
|School District Grades Offered||UG - UG|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|# of Schools||1 School||4,796 Schools|
|# of Students||1,017 Students||2,697,340 Students|
|# of Teachers||40 Teachers||204,832 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||13:1|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 Students||18,915 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||8 Students||250,784 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||237 Students||726,968 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||617 Students||462,099 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||145 Students||1,167,330 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||6,859 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||64,385 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||51,929|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||192,603|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||196,765|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||197,986|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||200,330|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||201,696|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||202,891|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||199,155|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||197,065|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||198,053|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||218,199|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||211,573|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||194,547|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||193,423|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1,017||41,125|
New York State Department Of Corrections School District Public Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Nys Dept Of Corrections Placement State Campus Bldg 2
Albany, NY 12226
Grades: Inquire with school | 1,017 student
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.