P.S. 83 Donald Hertz
P.S. 83 Donald Hertz places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- P.S. 83 Donald Hertz's student population of 1,760 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 101 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,760 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||101 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 83 Donald Hertz's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2731 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #11 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Bronx High School For The Visual Arts Grades: 9-12 | 464 students
2040 Antin Pl
Bronx, NY 10462
(917)521-3700 0.3 9-12 464
- Bronx Children's Aid College Preparatory Charter School Grades: K-5 | 413 students
1734 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10457
(347)871-9002 0.4 K-5 413
- Bronx P.S. 105 Senator Abraham Bernstein Grades: K-5 | 1218 students
725 Brady Ave
Bronx, NY 10462
(718)824-7350 0.4 K-5 1218
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.