Prentiss Senior High School
- Prentiss Senior High School's student population of 345 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Prentiss Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#754 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Davis Co Dist School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prentiss J E Johnson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 465 students
150 J. E. Johnson Road
Prentiss, MS 39424
(601)792-8338 1.8 K-6 465
- Carson Jeff Davis Co Vocational Technical Center Grades: M
Carson, MS 39427
(601)792-5005 7.0 M n/a
- Bassfield Bassfield High School Grades: 7-12 | 257 students
Bass Burkett Rd
Bassfield, MS 39421
(601)943-5391 10.4 7-12 257
- Newhebron New Hebron Attendance Center Grades: K-8 | 334 students
120 Golden Bear Lane
Newhebron, MS 39140
(601)694-2151 11.3 K-8 334
- Bassfield Carver Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 353 students
Bassfield, MS 39421
(601)943-5251 13.6 K-6 353
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.