- The student population of 1394 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has grown by 6% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,394 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.41 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Escambia School District's student population of 40,528 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $8,900 in this district is less than the state average of $11,664. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,856 is less than the state average of $11,759. The district spending/student has declined by 7% over four years.
|School District Name||Escambia School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||40,528||10,184|
|District Total Revenue||$362 MM||$119 MM|
|District Spending||$360 MM||$120 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,900||$11,664|
|District Spending / Student||$8,856||$11,759|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CantonmentJ. M. Tate Senior High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 2120 students
1771 Tate Rd
Cantonment, FL 32533
GonzalezEscambia Charter SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 110 students
Po Box 1147
Gonzalez, FL 32560
PensacolaBeulah Academy Of ScienceGrades: 6-8 | 287 students
8633 Beulah Rd
Pensacola, FL 32526
CantonmentJim Allen Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 601 students
1051 N Highway 95a
Cantonment, FL 32533
PensacolaPine Meadow Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 909 students
10001 Omar Ave
Pensacola, FL 32534
Great p.e teachers (not mrs brown). Awesome parent involvement! Love the teachers! Alot of fun extracurricular activities. (wish they had cheerleading for 6th graders)But i give this school 6 stars! I love it :) Im a 6th grader at Ransom. Try it out sometime. Very clean and organized.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lilwo
Ransom has to be the best middle school in the county. It has great teachers, an awsome principal, and wonderful academic programs. I would defenetly recommend Ransom for 6th, 7th and 8th graders. :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - angel