Rock Valley Elementary School
Rock Valley Elementary School serves 466 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Rock Valley Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Iowa for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-84% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 69%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 68%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Iowa state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Iowa state average of 24% (majority Hispanic).
Rock Valley Elementary School's student population of 466 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Rock Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,227 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Rock Valley Elementary School is 0.49, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IA)
Overall Testing Rank
#350 out of 1227 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IA Dept. of Education
Review Rock Valley Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.