Round Hill Elementary School
Round Hill Elementary School serves 544 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Round Hill Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 94% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 85% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Virginia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 51% (majority Black).
Round Hill Elementary School's student population of 544 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Round Hill Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Round Hill Elementary School is 0.37, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#278 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education
Review Round Hill Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Top 10 Challenges Facing Public School Teachers In 2017
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
What Are the Top 5 Trends in Elementary School Education?
Education is constantly growing, changing, and evolving. Keep reading to learn about five of the most current trends in elementary education.
Does Your High-Schooler Have Executive Functioning Issues?
If your child has trouble planning, organizing, and executing tasks it could be a condition called executive functioning disorder. Keep reading to learn more.