Rushmore Avenue School
- Rushmore Avenue School's student population of 397 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-6|
|Total Students||397 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rushmore Avenue School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1690 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carle Place Union Free School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carle Place Cherry Lane School Grades: K-2 | 304 students
475 Roslyn Ave
Carle Place, NY 11514
(516)622-6407 0.2 K-2 304
- Carle Place Carle Place Middle Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 652 students
168 Cherry Ln
Carle Place, NY 11514
(516)622-6433 0.3 7-12 652
- Old Westbury Wheatley School Grades: 8-12 | 722 students
11 Bacon Rd
Old Westbury, NY 11568
(516)333-7804 0.9 8-12 722
- Westbury Drexel Avenue School Grades: 1-5 | 594 students
161 Drexel Ave
Westbury, NY 11590
(516)876-5030 1.0 1-5 594
- Garden City Hemlock School Grades: K-1 | 187 students
78 Bayberry Ave
Garden City, NY 11530
(516)478-1600 1.2 K-1 187
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.