- Sage Canyon's student population of 727 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||727 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sage Canyon's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#122 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Del Mar Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Torrey Hills Grades: K-6 | 603 students
10830 Calle Mar De Mariposa
San Diego, CA 92130
(858)481-4266 1.4 K-6 603
- San Diego Carmel Del Mar Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 523 students
12345 Carmel Park Dr.
San Diego, CA 92130
(858)481-6789 1.8 K-6 523
- San Diego Audeo Charter Ii Grades: K-12 | 287 students
10170 Huennekens St.
San Diego, CA 92121
(858)678-2051 1.9 K-12 287
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.