Sebastopol Attendance Center
- Sebastopol Attendance Center's student population of 656 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||656 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sebastopol Attendance Center's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#187 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scott Co Dist School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carthage Standing Pine Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 131 students
538 Highway 487 East
Carthage, MS 39051
(601)267-9225 6.3 K-6 131
- Walnut Grove Leake County High School Grades: 7-12 | 295 students
220 Spruce Street
Walnut Grove, MS 39189
(601)253-2393 7.2 7-12 295
- Walnut Grove Leake County Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 468 students
1280 School Street
Walnut Grove, MS 39189
(601)253-2324 7.4 K-6 468
- Conehatta Conehatta Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 262 students
851 Tushka Drive
Conehatta, MS 39057
(601)775-8254 8.7 K-8 262
- Lake Lake Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 219 students
1770 East Scott Road
Lake, MS 39092
(601)775-3614 10.9 5-8 219
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.