South Winneshiek Middle School
South Winneshiek Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- South Winneshiek Middle School's student population of 104 students has grown by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Winneshiek Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,239 schools in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#383 out of 1239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Winneshiek Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ossian South Winneshiek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 192 students
208 E Brooks St
Ossian, IA 52161
(563)532-9365 0.0 PK-5 192
- Calmar South Winneshiek High School Grades: 9-12 | 198 students
203 W South St
Calmar, IA 52132
(563)562-3226 5.8 9-12 198
- Postville Cora B Darling Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 415 students
312 W Post
Postville, IA 52162
(563)864-7653 10.2 PK-6 415
- Postville John R Mott Jr/hi School Grades: 7-12 | 305 students
314 W Post
Postville, IA 52162
(563)864-7652 10.2 7-12 305
- Decorah Carrie Lee Elementary School Grades: 3-4 | 234 students
210 Vernon Street
Decorah, IA 52101
(563)382-3771 10.8 3-4 234
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.