South Winneshiek Elementary School
- South Winneshiek Elementary School's student population of 168 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Winneshiek Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#757 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Winneshiek Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ossian South Winneshiek Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 119 students
208 E Brooks St
Ossian, IA 52161
(563)532-9365 0.0 5-8 119
- Calmar South Winneshiek High School Grades: 9-12 | 208 students
203 W South St
Calmar, IA 52132
(563)562-3226 5.8 9-12 208
- Postville Cora B Darling Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 405 students
312 W Post
Postville, IA 52162
(563)864-7653 10.2 PK-6 405
- Postville John R Mott Jr/hi School Grades: 7-12 | 290 students
314 W Post
Postville, IA 52162
(563)864-7652 10.2 7-12 290
- Decorah Carrie Lee Elementary School Grades: 3-4 | 228 students
210 Vernon Street
Decorah, IA 52101
(563)382-3771 10.8 3-4 228
Nearby Homes for Sale
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.