Sparkman High School
Sparkman High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Sparkman High School's student population of 1,829 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 91 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||1,829 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||91 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sparkman High School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#560 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Madison County School District|
- Sparkman High School, named after John Sparkman, is located in Harvest, Alabama. Sparkman is the largest and richest school in Northern Alabama and serves 10-12 grade students. The school's mascot is a Senator. Sparkman is part of the Madison County School System. Across the street is the Sparkman Ninth Grade School.
- Campus: Sparkman was once located in Toney, which is now Sparkman Middle School. Situated off of Jeff Road, the high school is two stories tall. And has art rooms, a media center, two gyms, two cafeterias, a photostudio where students can have film developed, drama rooms, a choir room, band rooms, musical theatre classes, etc. Internet access is available in all classrooms and the library. The high school is also part of the Sparkman 9th Grade School. Sparkman 9 opened in 2006.
- Famous Graduates: Notable graduates of Sparkman High School, AL include: Tam-Tam, rap singer.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harvest Sparkman Ninth Grade School Grades: 9 | 607 students
2680 Jeff Road
Harvest, AL 35749
(256)382-2030 0.4 9 607
- Harvest Harvest School Grades: PK-5 | 729 students
8845 Wall Triana Highway
Harvest, AL 35749
(256)837-0379 2.1 PK-5 729
- Toney Sparkman Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 739 students
2697 Carters Gin Rd
Toney, AL 35773
(256)852-0112 2.3 6-8 739
- Huntsville Monrovia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1012 students
1216 Jeff Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)430-4499 2.8 6-8 1012
- Madison Legacy Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 713 students
165 Pine Grove Road
Madison, AL 35757
(256)562-0801 3.2 PK-5 713
It`s horrible getting to class because of it being over-crowded and schedules are usually always messed up and it hard to get into the elective you want because it`s already full and not many electives to choose from
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Taylor
This school got the best rappers with the best clout and I would recommend if your looking for a school where you can have a top of the end experience.
- Posted by Administrator - Frank
The school is over-crowded. It is difficult to get the classes needed to fulfill requirements or interests and no changes are permitted once a schedule is submitted. The rules for schedules are extremely inflexable and the extracurricular activities sparse. Sports teams are very political. An o.k. school if you are not college bound.
- Posted by Parent - isabe