Taft Elementary School
- Taft Elementary School's student population of 338 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-4|
|Total Students||338 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Taft Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#110 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Humboldt Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Humboldt Humboldt Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 456 students
1400 Wildcat Rd
Humboldt, IA 50548
(515)332-2812 0.1 5-8 456
- Dakota City Clyde D Mease Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 157 students
23 3rd St No
Dakota City, IA 50529
(515)332-3578 0.6 PK-K 157
- Humboldt Humboldt High School Grades: 9-12 | 474 students
1500 Wildcat Rd
Humboldt, IA 50548
(515)332-1430 0.7 9-12 474
- Bode Twin Rivers Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 63 students
200 College Ave.
Bode, IA 50519
(515)379-1309 10.6 PK-5 63
- Gilmore City Gilmore City Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 50 students
402 Se E Ave
Gilmore City, IA 50541
(515)373-6124 11.3 K-6 50
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.