Humboldt High School
Humboldt High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Humboldt High School's student population of 463 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||463 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Humboldt High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,252 schools in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Humboldt Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Humboldt Humboldt Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 453 students
1400 Wildcat Rd
Humboldt, IA 50548
(515)332-2812 0.7 5-8 453
- Humboldt Taft Elementary School Grades: 1-4 | 345 students
612 2nd Ave North
Humboldt, IA 50548
(515)332-3216 0.7 1-4 345
- Dakota City Clyde D Mease Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 156 students
23 3rd St No, 23 3rd St No
Dakota City, IA 50529
(515)332-3578 1.2 PK-K 156
- Gilmore City Gilmore City Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 43 students
402 Se E Ave
Gilmore City, IA 50541
(515)373-6124 10.8 K-6 43
- Bode Twin Rivers Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 62 students
200 College Ave., 200 College
Bode, IA 50519
(515)379-1309 10.9 PK-5 62
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.