Humboldt High School
Humboldt High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Humboldt High School's student population of 463 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||463 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Humboldt High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,252 schools in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Humboldt Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Humboldt Humboldt Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 453 students
1400 Wildcat Rd
Humboldt, IA 50548
(515)332-2812 0.7 5-8 453
- Humboldt Taft Elementary School Grades: 1-4 | 345 students
612 2nd Ave North
Humboldt, IA 50548
(515)332-3216 0.7 1-4 345
- Dakota City Clyde D Mease Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 156 students
23 3rd St No, 23 3rd St No
Dakota City, IA 50529
(515)332-3578 1.2 PK-K 156
- Gilmore City Gilmore City Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 43 students
402 Se E Ave
Gilmore City, IA 50541
(515)373-6124 10.8 K-6 43
- Bode Twin Rivers Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 62 students
200 College Ave., 200 College
Bode, IA 50519
(515)379-1309 10.9 PK-5 62
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.