Tucker High School
Tucker High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Tucker High School's student population of 1,681 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,681 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tucker High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#910 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Henrico County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henrico Davis Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 552 students
8801 Nesslewood Dr
Henrico, VA 23229
(804)527-4620 0.7 PK-5 552
- Henrico Longan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 482 students
9200 Mapleview Ave
Henrico, VA 23294
(804)527-4640 0.8 PK-5 482
- Henrico Tuckahoe Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1087 students
9000 Three Chopt Rd
Henrico, VA 23229
(804)673-3720 1.6 6-8 1087
- Henrico Hermitage High School Grades: 9-12 | 1623 students
8301 Hungary Spring Rd
Henrico, VA 23228
(804)756-3000 1.7 9-12 1623
John Randolph Tucker is a great a school. Not only because I went there my four years of high school, but also because even my cousins who moved and started going there, said they liked it. The teachers are very supportive and they help any one who seeks help. You can do just about anything since they have a variety of sports, I was part of the girls soccer team one year and I loved it, unfortunately i couldn't do it more years because of the other classes I was going to take.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - merli
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.