City Academy School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in City Academy School District, serving 178 students.
- Public middle school in City Academy School District have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Utah public middle school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Utah public middle school average of 26% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 0:1 is less than the Utah public middle school average of 38:1.
|School District Name||City Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://www.cityacademyslc.org|
|School District Phone Number||(801) 596-8489|
|School District Grades Offered||07 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||321 Schools|
|# of Students||178 Students||216,319 Students|
|# of Teachers||n/a||55 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||38:1|
- City Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 118 school districts in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-79% has increased from 50-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||2,565 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||3,757 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||58 Students||36,332 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||12 Students||3,079 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||101 Students||160,701 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,166 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||5,915 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||253|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||5,477|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||5,789|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||5,834|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||5,789|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||5,893|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||6,280|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||17,376|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||28||50,895|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||34||50,650|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||36||35,561|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||31||8,545|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||29||8,503|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||20||9,474|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,950 is higher than the state average of $5,395. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,605 is higher than the state average of $5,720. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,950||$5,395|
|Spending / Student||$7,605||$5,720|
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.