Utah Public Schools
- Utah is the #36 largest school system in the United States, serving 646,178 students across 1,055 public schools.
- Utah public schools have a diversity score of 0.41, which is lower than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 25% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 23:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(UT) School Average
Two or more races
Utah Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools1,589 Students16% Minority
- 25 Schools12,036 Students14% Minority
- 44 Schools25,436 Students19% Minority
- 11 Schools4,008 Students16% Minority
- 4 Schools211 Students9% Minority
- 105 Schools80,255 Students16% Minority
- 15 Schools5,631 Students20% Minority
- 10 Schools2,296 Students10% Minority
- 9 Schools994 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools1,618 Students25% Minority
- 19 Schools10,122 Students16% Minority
- 8 Schools2,689 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools1,256 Students8% Minority
- 10 Schools2,931 Students20% Minority
- 5 Schools2,881 Students5% Minority
- 5 Schools315 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools496 Students6% Minority
- 310 Schools215,304 Students36% Minority
- 14 Schools3,118 Students61% Minority
- 16 Schools5,840 Students16% Minority
- 15 Schools4,704 Students9% Minority
- 22 Schools8,189 Students20% Minority
- 34 Schools15,075 Students17% Minority
- 14 Schools7,685 Students17% Minority
- 181 Schools141,331 Students18% Minority
- 9 Schools6,747 Students21% Minority
- 55 Schools32,441 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools508 Students8% Minority
- 86 Schools50,472 Students28% Minority
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.