Highland School serves 837 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Highland School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Utah for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 71% (which is higher than the Utah state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 66% (which is higher than the Utah state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Utah state average of 26% (majority Hispanic).
Highland School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Highland School's student population of 837 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers (17-18)
Students by Grade
Highland School is ranked within the top 5% of all 959 schools in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Highland School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (UT)
Overall Testing Rank
#37 out of 959 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, UT Dept. of Education
Review Highland School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.