Sunrise School places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Sunrise School's student population of 637 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||637 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers (17-18)||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sunrise School is ranked within the top 1% of all 957 schools in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2 out of 957 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio (17-18)||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canyons School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandy Altara School Grades: K-5 | 545 students
800 E 11000 S
Sandy, UT 84094
(801) 826-7675 1.1 K-5 545
- Sandy Lone Peak School Grades: K-5 | 687 students
11515 S 2220 E
Sandy, UT 84092
(801) 826-8650 1.1 K-5 687
- Sandy Sprucewood School Grades: K-5 | 448 students
12025 S 1000 E
Sandy, UT 84094
(801) 826-9475 1.2 K-5 448
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.