- Altara School's student population of 551 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||551 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Altara School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||#62 out of 932 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canyons School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Draper Draper Park Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1516 students
13133 South 1300 East
Draper, UT 84020
(801)826-6900 0.7 6-8 1516
- Sandy Alta View School Grades: K-5 | 597 students
10333 S 865 E
Sandy, UT 84094
(801)826-7600 0.8 K-5 597
- Sandy Crescent School Grades: K-5 | 579 students
11100 S 230 E
Sandy, UT 84070
(801)826-8200 0.9 K-5 579
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.