Vernon City Elementary School
Vernon City Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Vernon City Elementary School's student population of 246 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vernon City Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6534 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Holmes Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 275 students
5108 Holmes Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90058
(323)582-7238 0.8 K-6 275
- Los Angeles Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 551 students
1655 E. 27th St. Ste. A
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)232-1857 1.0 6-8 551
- Los Angeles Ascot Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 903 students
1447 E. 45th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90011
(323)235-3178 1.0 K-5 903
- Oakland Aspire Pacific Academy Grades: 6-12 | 441 students
2565 58th St.
Oakland, CA 94606
(323)589-2800 1.0 6-12 441
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.