Vernon City Elementary School
Vernon City Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Vernon City Elementary School's student population of 226 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vernon City Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4378 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Holmes Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 238 students
5108 Holmes Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90058
(323) 582-7238 0.8 K-6 238
- Los Angeles Animo Jefferson Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 553 students
1655 E. 27th St. Ste. A
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323) 232-1857 1.0 6-8 553
- Los Angeles Ascot Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 870 students
1447 E. 45th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90011
(323) 235-3178 1.0 K-5 870
- Oakland Aspire Pacific Academy Grades: 6-12 | 525 students
2565 58th St.
Oakland, CA 94606
(323) 589-2800 1.0 6-12 525
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.