Top Floyd County Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools in Floyd County, VA, serving 1,873 students.
- Floyd County, VA public school have an average reading proficiency score of 78% (versus the Virginia public schools of 80%).
- The school with highest reading/language arts proficiency is Floyd County High School, with 83% reading/language arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading/language arts proficiency statistics in Virginia or national school reading/language arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Virginia public school average of 51% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Virginia public school average of 15:1.
Top Floyd County Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Check Elementary School 6810 Floyd Highway North
Check, VA 24072
Grades: PK-7 | 318 students
- Floyd County High School 721 Baker St. Sw
Floyd, VA 24091
Grades: 8-12 | 840 students
- Floyd Elementary School 531 Oak Hill Drive
Floyd, VA 24091
Grades: PK-7 | 491 students
- Willis Elementary School 5075 Floyd Highway S
Willis, VA 24380
Grades: PK-7 | 224 students
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.