Top Norton City Public High Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public high school in Norton City, VA, serving 306 students.
- Norton City, VA public high school have an average math proficiency score of 71% (versus the Virginia public high school average of 75%), and reading proficiency score of 87% (versus the 89% statewide average). High schools in Norton City have an average ranking in the bottom 50% of Virginia public high schools.
- Norton City, VA public high school have a Graduation Rate of 92%, which is more than the Virginia average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is J.i. Burton High School, with 90-94% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Virginia or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia public high school average of 49% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Virginia public high school average of 15:1.
Top Norton City Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- J.i. Burton High School 109 11th St
Norton, VA 24273
Grades: 8-12 | 306 students
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.