West High School
Top Placements (California)
West High School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- West High School's student population of 2078 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,078 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of West High School is Torrance Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Torrance Unified School District's student population of 23,775 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 93% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,925 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,361 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 15% over four school years.
|School District Name||Torrance Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||23,775||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$217 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$228 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,925||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$9,361||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrance Victor Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 988 students
4820 Spencer St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)533-4542 0.1 K-5 988
- Torrance Bert M. Lynn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 730 students
5038 Halison St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)533-4495 0.4 6-8 730
- Redondo Beach Parras (nick G.) Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1128 students
200 N. Lucia
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-8616 0.7 6-8 1128